|Nominal duration||4 lata|
|Tuition fee||€1,700.00 per semester
Tuition fee (1700€) for 1st semester (1600€) for each subsequent semester
ATTENTION: If you are an EU citizen who wants to study under the same regulations as Polish citizen (for free, but based on grades ranking) then you need to apply via the SOREK system. To go to SOREK please click -> HERE
|Application fee||€20.00 one-time|
Postgraduate diploma (or higher) with transcript of records
1. Completion of a 2nd cycle programme or a uniform master’s programme with a major related to the research and scientific activity of the internal units of the Faculty of Mining and Geology of the Silesian University of Technology.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: Polish.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
1. The interview encompassing:
Mining and engineering geology is a discipline concerned with studying the geological environment, its changes and evolution and providing scientific basis for activities aimed at the extraction of the useful mineral and its processing for the use in various industries or direct use in everyday life.
The graduates possess the knowledge regarding mathematical and technical sciences, IT technologies, know a modern foreign language as well as possess specialist knowledge in the domain of mining and geology. The graduates are capable of designing, performing and supervising research works and innovative mining, geological and geotechnical works with consideration given to mechanization, electric power supply and the limitation of the detrimental effect of the mining activity to the environment. The graduates have the basic knowledge required to work as an academic teacher. The graduates are capable of solving scientific and engineering problems and are capable of working in teams as well as managing teamwork.
1. Area of knowledge: “Area of Technical Sciences”
2. Branch of science: “Branch of Technical Sciences”
3. Discipline: “Mining and Engineering Geology”
4. Specialisation of the doctoral programme: Mining aerology, Occupational health and safety in mining, Underground construction, Electrotechnics, automation and telecommunication in mining, Geophysics in mining, Mining geology, Geometrization of deposits and estimation of reserves, Mineral Resources Management, Machines and processing technologies, Mining and drilling machinery and equipment, Rocks and rock mass mechanics, Protection of mining areas, Organization and economy in mining, Design in mining, Mining environmental science, Deposit exploitation technologies, Transport in mining, Natural resources management and alternative energy sources, Open cast mining, Geotourism, Clean coal technologies.
5. The studies are stationary.
6. The term of postgraduate degree program shall be no longer than 4 years.
7. Framework curriculum of postgraduate studies at the Faculty of Mining and Geology of the Silesian University of Technology with regards to the “Mining and Engineering Geology” discipline:
− Total number of ECTS points – 45,
− Number of hours of optional classes – 227 (25 ECTS points),
− Optional classes preparing the postgraduate student to professional scientific or scientific and research work – 12 ECTS points,
− Optional classes preparing the postgraduate student to professional academic teaching – 13 ECTS points,
− Internship – at least 10 hours of teaching a year.
The graduates are prepared to undertake work at academic institutions, research and research and development units, project management offices, mining companies, geological companies, units providing industrial facilities and other branches of industry and administration dealing with problems related to mining and engineering geology.