|Study location||Poland, Gliwice|
|Nominal duration||3,5 years / 7 semesters (210 ECTS)|
|Tuition fee||€1,500.00 per semester
Tuition fee (1500€) for 1st semester (1400€) for each subsequent semester
ATTENTION: If you are an EU citizen who wants to study under the same regulations as Polish citizen (for free, but based on grades ranking) then you need to apply via the SOREK system. To go to SOREK please click -> HERE
|Application fee||€20.00 one-time|
High school / secondary education (or higher)
Secondary School Certificate with the transcript of records in Maths and other subject grades from: Maths(extended), Physics, Biology, Chemistry or Informatics.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Polish.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
You must take the original entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
Proficiency at level B2 by CEFR scale or equivalent.
Document stating that candidate’s diploma allows to take up the second cycle studies in the country of issue (if such a statement is not already written on that certificate).
Specific requirements for Non-EU applicants:
The documents should be legalized or be marked with an apostille
Information Systems in Medicine is a modern specialization within the Biomedical Engineering direction, on BE Faculty, which meets the needs of professional engineers education to face the growing level of information technologies, entering every branch of industry and life, especially health care system. Apart from the knowledge and practical skills to develop, test and maintain informatics systems, data processing, embedded systems design, hospital information systems and other fields of Biomedical Engineering students will get acquainted with the elements of management in health care units and IT projects. Study are also focused on wide cooperation with leading informatics and BE companies as well as international exchange.
The study program includes (not limited) the following modules:
- Maths, Physics, Chemistry Statistics and other base courses,
- Computer sciences module: Algorithms and data structure, Programming Languages on different levels, Numerical Methods
- Data bases, HIS – Hospital Information Systems, Signal and Image Acquisition and Processing, Big Data Analysis, Artificial Intelligence and Reasoning Systems,
- Embedded systems, Bioelectronics, Medical Equipment,
- Biomechatronics, modern Rehabilitation Systems,
- Fundamentals of modern Biomaterials and Artificial Organs,
- Modules of Management in Health Care Units and IT Projects.