|Nominal duration||1,5 years / 3 semesters (90 ECTS)|
|Tuition fee||€1,600.00 per semester
Tuition fee (1600€) for 1st semester (1500€) for each subsequent semester
ATTENTION: If you are an EU citizen who wants to study under the same regulations as Polish citizen (for free, but based on grades ranking) then you need to apply via the SOREK system. To go to SOREK please click -> HERE
|Application fee||€20.00 one-time|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher) with transcript of records
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: Polish / English.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
You must take the original entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
Aircraft Design is MSc that aims to deliver knowledge about design of flying vehicles, such as aircrafts and airships. Covering wide range of engineering areas: from structural design and manufacturing, through maintenance and exploitation of aircraft, to flight dynamics and flight simulations, it is a good option to emerge in growing aerospace industry. The MSc in Aircraft Design equips students with the required knowledge and understanding of typical aircraft systems their power requirements.
Additional this specialization allows students to learn techniques on how to design reliable aircraft components. You will learn and use cutting-edge design, analysis and simulation software. This MSc course provides innovative programme that is focused on technical, as well as business aspects of aircraft design.
Main goals of new specialization and project:
• Offering new education programmes in English, addressed to both Polish and foreign students at Silesian University of Technology.
• Implementing international study programs and international summer schools enabling foreigners to study in Poland and Poles participating in higher education to study in the international environment.
• Involving foreign academic teachers with scientific, professional in delivering education programs at Silesian University of Technology
Additional activities for students:
• Summer school with extensive English courses and
• Facultative trips
• Polish classes for foreign students
Selected subjects of the specialisation
• Aircraft design methodology
• Material technologies in aviation
• Introduction to aircraft engineering
• Flight Simulators
• Team project I – initial design of airframe system
• Aviation English
• Energy-efficient driving systems
• Airframe design
• Flight mechanics
The courses will give you the chance to advance your career to professional levels. You might also choose various positions in research and development, testing and design within the aeronautical industry. Additionally solid background of aerodynamics, thermodynamics, material science, as well as 3D modelling and optimization will makes you able start your career in different branches of industry, like automotive, machine industry and other engineering and manufacturing industry sectors. Taking part in group projects, in teams bringing together students various experience levels and different nationalities, you will learn how to manage different responsibilities in team, how to run project and how to solve practical engineering problems similar to those that can occur in industry.