|Nominal duration||1,5 roku / 3 semestry (90 ECTS)|
|Tuition fee||€850.00 per semester
ATTENTION: If you are an EU citizen who wants to study under the same regulations as Polish citizen (for free, but based on grades ranking) then you need to apply via the SOREK system. To go to SOREK please click -> HERE
|Application fee||€20.00 one-time
or 85.00 PLN
High school / secondary education (or higher)
According to conditions and mode of recruitment for studies of Silesian University of Technology in the academic year 2017/2018
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: Polish.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The major objective of the field of study Management and Production Engineering is delivery of a professional Master of Science, suitable for the needs of an enterprise operating in the conditions of free-market economy who is able to:
- Combine engineering knowledge in the area of production technologies with the knowledge related to business administration,
- Control the production systems in an enterprise,
- Organise properly the production process and auxiliary processes in an enterprise,
- Manage the resources of an enterprise in line with its needs, particularly from the perspective of production processes,
- Manage the personnel in an enterprise,
- Use the IT systems in the areas of business administration, as well as in the areas of production planning and execution in a proficient way.
The basic scope of knowledge of the graduate of Management and Production Engineering comprises:
- general engineering topics,
- topics related with preparation and organisation of production in an enterprise,
- topics related with quantitative methods and application of IT systems in management,
- social science and economics related with acquisition of organisational skills in business administration in the free-market economy conditions,
- methods of analysis, diagnosis and designing of organisational systems and systems of management.
The study program includes the following dedicated courses:
- Strategic management
- Organization of production systems
- Integrated management system
- Forecasting and simulation in the enterprise
- Project management
- Data warehouses and business intelligence
- Knowledge managemet
- Business finance management
- Innovation management
- Quality control systems in production processes
- Managerial accounting
- Material technologies
- Control of technological processes
The graduates of Management and Production Engineering is characterised by the ability to associate technical and economic issues, which means that they are able to prepare and organise the production process in the enterprise in a proper way, as well as assess its impact in functioning of the organisation and gaining assumed financial and economic results and profits.