|Study location||Poland, Gliwice|
|Nominal duration||1,5 years / 3 semesters (90 ECTS)|
|Tuition fee||€1,600.00 per semester
Tuition fee (1600€) for 1st semester (1500€) for each subsequent semester
ATTENTION: If you are an EU citizen who wants to study under the same regulations as Polish citizen (for free, but based on grades ranking) then you need to apply via the SOREK system. To go to SOREK please click -> HERE
|Application fee||€20.00 one-time|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher) with transcript of records
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: Polish / English.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
You must take the original entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
*Specialization will be launched depending on the minimum required number of candidates.
Student receives full education in basic and technical sciences necessary to work in welding technology.
Student will acquire knowledge concerning the construction and operation of the laser devices and their industrial applications.
Selected subjects of the specialisation
• Metallurgy for casting and welding processes
• Welding technologies
• Surface engineering
• Metallic, ceramic, polymeric and composite materials
• Laser and plasma based welding and surface treatment
• Quality control in welding and surface engineering
• Mechanisms of materials wear and decohesion
• Computer modelling of welding processes
• Advanced examination techniques in materials science
• Heat treatment of engineering materials
• Technologies of anticorrosion and wear prottection
• CAx methods in manufacturing and management
After completing the course, student should:
- have knowledge about the physical basics of construction and operation of laser devices,
- have theoretical knowledge in the field of interaction of focused laser beam with the matter,
- know basic methods of laser materials processing,
- be able to select the parameters and properties of laser beam for specific application and different type of laser processing method,
- have knowledge about material technologies, the principles of selection and design of engineering materials and shaping their property.